How to Implement the Flood; version 3

Last post 12-14-2010, 11:18 PM by DaRKSTaRxMeRC. 82 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (83 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-05-2009, 7:26 PM 578651 in reply to 578641

Re: How to Implement the Flood; version 2

Covie what did you think of Triple X? ;) I do not see why the flood could not be in. They are a HUGE part of all the Halo games and they would add diversity to the game. I believe a lot of players would stay/get Halo Wars if they could be the flood. Also, more leaders definitaly needed.
  •  05-05-2009, 7:44 PM 578665 in reply to 578651

VinDezel:Covie what did you think of Triple X? ;) I do not see why the flood could not be in. They are a HUGE part of all the Halo games and they would add diversity to the game. I believe a lot of players would stay/get Halo Wars if they could be the flood. Also, more leaders definitaly needed.

I personally, don't see the need of the flood in Halo Wars.  The War is between the Humans and the Covenant at this time.  I would save the flood for halo FPS.

MY POST COUNT IS OVER 9,000!!!
    Bow before me mortals!
    banned, for no good reason. I will be back though, and I intend to kick some serious ass...
  •  05-05-2009, 7:51 PM 578672 in reply to 578665

Fair point Felix. However, the flood are in the campaign, so they are in the War as well, even if it is to a smaller degree.
  •  05-05-2009, 8:00 PM 578677 in reply to 578672

VinDezel:Fair point Felix. However, the flood are in the campaign, so they are in the War as well, even if it is to a smaller degree.

Which I didn't like.  The flood played no roll in the campaign.

Bow before me mortals!
    banned, for no good reason. I will be back though, and I intend to kick some serious ass...
  •  05-05-2009, 8:02 PM 578679 in reply to 578677

They were the basis for a few levels but w/e that's beside the point. If not the flood, we need some sort of new leaders in this game to diversify old and create new strategies. Three more game types. Thanks, but without variation in the actual game itself, the gametypes are rendered mute.
  •  05-05-2009, 8:06 PM 578681 in reply to 578672

yeah, Ensemble already laid the ground work for a Flood Faction, with having their own bases and separate types of units and such.  Also they found a good enough reason to have the Flood involved before the Halo event so it's canon now and fair game.  I doubt that Robot will get away with another conflict between the Humans and Flood without awaking the sleeping giant that is the Halo fan base, but I bet they could get a Covie campaign that involves the Flood to work, and mabey even a Flood campaign vs. the Covies.

But Felix, you look at it through a canon junkie's (not ment to be offensive) point of view, I look at having more leaders or factions as getting more game content for your buck and having better, deeper gameplay with more choices to make, which is what Halo Wars really suffers from, lack of depth. 

•  05-05-2009, 8:09 PM 578683 in reply to 578681

This man/woman is enlightened. The deeper and more diverse the gameplay is, the deeper and more diverse the strategies for this game will be. More units/buildings/factions/upgrades will make tha game that much better.
  •  05-05-2009, 8:19 PM 578700 in reply to 578681

coviekiller:

But Felix, you look at it through a canon junkie's (not ment to be offensive) point of view, I look at having more leaders or factions as getting more game content for your buck and having better, deeper gameplay with more choices to make, which is what Halo Wars really suffers from, lack of depth. 

I look at the flood as what they are; flood.  They aren't a real faction, their only tactic is numbers and charge.  ES said they "wanted them to be scary", as the flood is by nature.  Unfortanitly, the flood are only scary when you are a one-man person in a huge war, or FPS.  They just aren't needed to make it the game it should have been.

Bow before me mortals!
  •  05-05-2009, 8:21 PM 578702 in reply to 578502

coviekiller:

thxs for the response Aloysius 

keep in mind though that the moderators have lied to us before, infact they once said there would be no Flood at all, but that's obviously not true.

Anyway, Da Scheppdog, I did too notice that with all the cool things I was giving the Flood, mabey they might have a bit of an advantage, but I always said that it could be made up for the fact that the Flood's units would, as a whole, be weaker than the units of the Humans and Covies, like how the Covie units are a bit weaker than the Human units, the Flood units would be a bit weaker (or much weaker) than the Covie units.  you can always balance how strong the units are, I intended the Infection Forms in middle to late game to be a lot like the Infection Forms on the Halo games, where they would eather come at you en mass, or as your attacking other more threatening enemies, the Infection Forms would sneak up and explode on you, slowly chewing up you sheild until it's suddenly gone and your vulnerable.  When an enemy is attack a base of yours, you could expect there to be Infection Forms coming from all sides and if anything, they're a distraction.  I guess it would take like 10 full health Infection Forms to kill a Worthog.

And as for Combat Forms, lets face it, it wasn't too often that the enemy infected one of your infantry in the campaign.  So if you happen to snag one on multiplayer (I expect at least 4 in the early game) then you want them to be valuable.

Anyway again, nothings written in stone, I'm sure that Robot will come out with an expasion pack for Halo Wars and I'll, along with most other people, will call it crap unless they add a new faction or 4 or 6 new leaders for the Humans and Covies.

That was before the game was released. Would they want to spoil a plot element that big? Face facts of life, Flood? Not gonna be playable. Mods have stated many times, but you continue to let your own beliefs cluster your common sense. NO FLOOD!

SPQR! An ambitious historical project, coming soon. Check the Library for early version test writes. Recommended for anyone with a love of history.
  •  05-05-2009, 8:23 PM 578705 in reply to 578702

They would be in the game to diversify multiplayer. Another faction/leaders would be good for this game. Maybe not flood. Maybe Sentinals. Maybe something else. Whatever it is.
  •  05-05-2009, 8:47 PM 578723 in reply to 578700

Felix:
    coviekiller:

I look at the flood as what they are; flood.  They aren't a real faction, their only tactic is numbers and charge.  ES said they "wanted them to be scary", as the flood is by nature.  Unfortanitly, the flood are only scary when you are a one-man person in a huge war, or FPS.  They just aren't needed to make it the game it should have been.

That's not true, their led by a collective conscience, a Gravemind who is supposed to be this all knowing being.  If he's so smart, I'm sure the Flood is capable of more than just charging.  You think of the Flood in just their feral form, infact the a cool thing about my idea is they do start out as a feral form at the beginning of each game, only able to make Infection and Carrier Forms, but later, as they gather biomass, in the midgame they become what the Flood were in Halo Wars, somewhere between feral and Gravemind states, where they have a Proto-Gravemind.  I'm saying it works into canon well enough, that's why I bothered to do all that, to prove it could work, and add more game content so more people will play.  Also your right that it's hard to make them scary in RTS form (even though I thought my Gravemind and Master Root uber units, or a group of fully grown Juggernauts would be pretty scary) but why dose it matter?  RTS's are about stratagy.

If your really that against a Flood faction then just don't play them, infact make that an incentive to want to crush any jerk who decides to play as the Flood.  Lol, make a clan called the Alliance, where both people who play Covies and Humans can join to plot stratagies against the Flood.  just a cool thought, putting aside differences to fight a greater threat, whatever

and to Offensive Bias, it's true that the lie was before Halo Wars' release, but were're currently in the time before Robot's next game is released, think about that.

EDIT: I don't think a Forrunner faction could work realy well, if there's going to be a new one, it'll be the Flood no doubt.

•  05-05-2009, 8:57 PM 578733 in reply to 578723

coviekiller:
    Felix:
    coviekiller:

That's not true, their led by a collective conscience, a Gravemind who is supposed to be this all knowing being.  If he's so smart, I'm sure the Flood is capable of more than just charging.  You think of the Flood in just their feral form, infact the a cool thing about my idea is they do start out as a feral form at the beginning of each game, only able to make Infection and Carrier Forms, but later, as they gather biomass, in the midgame they become what the Flood were in Halo Wars, somewhere between feral and Gravemind states, where they have a Proto-Gravemind.  I'm saying it works into canon well enough, that's why I bothered to do all that, to prove it could work, and add more game content so more people will play.  Also your right that it's hard to make them scary in RTS form (even though I thought my Gravemind and Master Root uber units, or a group of fully grown Juggernauts would be pretty scary) but why dose it matter?  RTS's are about stratagy.

If your really that against a Flood faction then just don't play them, infact make that an incentive to want to crush any jerk who decides to play as the Flood.  Lol, make a clan called the Alliance, where both people who play Covies and Humans can join to plot stratagies against the Flood.  just a cool thought, putting aside differences to fight a greater threat, whatever

and to Offensive Bias, it's true that the lie was before Halo Wars' release, but were're currently in the time before Robot's next game is released, think about that.

EDIT: I don't think a Forrunner faction could work realy well, if there's going to be a new one, it'll be the Flood no doubt.

I don't know where you've been for halo 2 and 3, but look at what the flood do.  They charge with numbers.  That is all they do.

I think that card has been pulled before, and that doesn't help with anything.  Even If I don't play as them, they're still in the game.

Bow before me mortals!
  •  05-05-2009, 9:13 PM 578750 in reply to 578723

Wouldn't this be V3?
    I FJ I:
    Adapt your strategy to the game and not the game to your strategy.

Adapt, survive, and, if all else fails, resign.
  •  05-05-2009, 9:18 PM 578755 in reply to 578733

Felix:
    coviekiller:
    Felix:
    coviekiller:

I don't know where you've been for halo 2 and 3, but look at what the flood do.  They charge with numbers.  That is all they do.

I think that card has been pulled before, and that doesn't help with anything.  Even If I don't play as them, they're still in the game.

I don't know, the pure forms kinda had some strategy (because the were more evolved), the spider things liked to do hit and runs, and the ranged form certainly didn't charge, and remeber Gravemind giving the combat forms orders like "find him" or "come back".  The point is that Ensemble has changed what the Flood is, admittedly they didn't do much else than charge in the campaign, but that was pretty much the Covie's only strategy too.  Now they can make Thrashers and Bombers and whatever else, the Flood innovates and stratagises now, and frankly they're more interesting like that.

I can just imagine how annoying it must have been for you when you played the Flood levels on Halo Wars, you were probably like "oh what the Hell is that floating thing now... a Bomber Form! that dosn't even make sense!", lol, no offence I hope.  Even still, I think the majority of people would want a Flood Faction.

•  05-05-2009, 9:19 PM 578757 in reply to 578750

T92:Wouldn't this be V3?

oh yeah I think your right, there was a Remastered version, I'll fix it.

Page 2 of 6 (83 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML