Elite Honor Guards

Last post 03-03-2009, 1:23 PM by Spartan R41. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-03-2009, 10:04 AM 487360

Elite Honor Guards

Hey,

I recently got my hands on a copy of the game and I'm enjoying it quite a lot I have to say. I used to be quite into my RTS games back in the early AoE days and I think that this is a pretty fitting RTS for console owners.

I'm getting my ass handed to me online, but that's beside the point :D

My question is, what the hell are Elite Honour Guards good for? I've been using them sparingly as I'm not aware of the unit/type they're decent for countering and for the moment, they seem pretty redudant. 

•  03-03-2009, 10:08 AM 487363 in reply to 487360

Re: Dem l33t Onur GrrrDs

Im pretty sure you treat them like infantry. Also its the fact they are their own unit instead of being stuck with grunts.  plus they can be upgraded with active camo.
    DonOvan41: kickin ass and takin names.
  •  03-03-2009, 10:10 AM 487364 in reply to 487363

they are great anti infantry. plus invisable means good scouting and also good ambush. also good for anti rush because you can build them from the base.
    1v1 - 48
    2v2 - 50
    3v3 - 47

Best player evar!!!1!
  •  03-03-2009, 10:33 AM 487377 in reply to 487364

I had not thought of them as anti rush units, but I thought infantry's role was to counter aircraft, but the honour guards can't engage them?
  •  03-03-2009, 10:38 AM 487378 in reply to 487377

the A.I loves to rush those lol i use them to take the elevaters early in the game

"watch the sky's, they have locusts!!!!"----wait a min. they don't fly! (the announcer says this during skirmish)
  •  03-03-2009, 11:36 AM 487404 in reply to 487360

SkintAlcoholic:

what the hell are Elite Honour Guards good for?

Though I've been successful at not thinking of Halo Wars as the FPS's, I use the Honor Guard for just that; defending my Prophet. No matter where he is on the map, I always have a lance of about 6-10 Honor Guard Elites there to keep Spartans at bay.

Current Fan Fictions in the Library:

ODST: Hellbound

The Interrogation of Ellen Anders

Halo: Archangel
  •  03-03-2009, 12:20 PM 487416 in reply to 487360

SkintAlcoholic:

Hey,

I recently got my hands on a copy of the game and I'm enjoying it quite a lot I have to say. I used to be quite into my RTS games back in the early AoE days and I think that this is a pretty fitting RTS for console owners.

My question is, what the hell are Elite Honour Guards good for? I've been using them sparingly as I'm not aware of the unit/type they're decent for countering and for the moment, they seem pretty redudant. 

two things, i think that the best use for them is as a scout. and two, do you even know the meaning of the word redundant? thats completely out of context. it means when you say/do the same thing twice for no reason.

I'll kick you in the sack if you complain about rushing. I know where you live.
  •  03-03-2009, 12:46 PM 487425 in reply to 487416

DanAllen117:
    SkintAlcoholic:

Hey,

two things, i think that the best use for them is as a scout. and two, do you even know the meaning of the word redundant? thats completely out of context. it means when you say/do the same thing twice for no reason.

first of all, honour guards are good for scouting, but only for thier invisi, other than that compared to rea l scout (ghost) it cost's more, takes long to develop and naturally slower in speed. me personally, use my honour gurads for either gurading the prophet, well thats thier primary use. and also leading a small group of infantry and holding off stronger units.

and Dan Allen117, you obviously even know the meaning of redudant, it when something has no more use to it either never had or anymore.

economically, it means when something (someone) has no use anymore or needs to removed for a reason such a dear wage. then they are told to leave work but get paid a X times the aomunt in wage. in this case, the he is saying the honur dont really have any use in battle, only for the moment, pay more attention in school, you'll learn something.

the UNSC clan

http://s1.zetaboards.com/UNSCclan/index/

we'll be ready
  •  03-03-2009, 1:23 PM 487441 in reply to 487416

DanAllen117:
    SkintAlcoholic:

Hey,

T_T...

I swear by Athena I'm gonna start chucking OED's around. 

Redundant (a):  Exceeding what is natural or necessary; superabundant; exuberant; as, a redundant quality of bile or food.

Using more words or images than are necessary or useful.

So basically what Skint meant (I take it) was that the Honor Guards are just a samey unit- not too "special", but not exactly run-of-the-mill either. They exceed what is necessary. Were they not to be a unit, there would be an element lacking from the game, but not one that would be detrimental to gameplay.

Basically, the Honor Guards are redundant, albeit useful to a degree.

Current Fan Fictions in the Library:

ODST: Hellbound

The Interrogation of Ellen Anders

Halo: Archangel
View as RSS news feed in XML