Halo Wars Sequel?

Last post 09-14-2009, 9:13 AM by getpwned. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-10-2009, 8:19 PM 722380

Halo Wars Sequel?

Normal.dotm 0 0 1 845 4820 University of Maryland, College Park 40 9 5919 12.256 0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Will Halo Wars 2 be Halo 4?

Before you jump all over this and start to think this idea is crazy, lets look at the facts (by the way, this is quite lengthy):

1.) Halo 3’s Legendary ending has Master Chief drifting off into space towards what may or may not be a Forerunner Shield World, but is certainly of Forerunner design.

2.) Halo Wars ends with Serena waking up Captain Cutter and alerting him to something that “has happened”, which we have no idea about.

3.) The Cole Protocol.

4.) The Battle of Onyx

Okay, where to begin. From the timeline of the Halo universe, we know that the events of Halo Wars took place twenty years before the initial Halo event. During the course of the game, Captain Cutter orders the Spirit of Fire after the Covenant ship towards what we now know to be a Forerunner Shield World. Not much is known about the Forerunner, though it is known that they had a tendency to build their structures in the most remote places, like the Ark on the edge of the Galaxy. Therefore, we can conclude that the Shield World Captain Cutter and the crew of the Spirit of Fire encountered was located in an equally remote location. Evidence of this is that Serena didn’t know quite where they were, indicating that they were beyond the stars visible from Earth. Now lets go to this Shield World. Here the Spirit of Fire encounters the Covenant ship, and shortly after destroys the Forerunner structure with the ship’s only FTL (Faster than Light) drive, stranding the Spirit of Fire and her crew in the unknown regions of space. What we don’t know is where the crew is, but what we do know is what their actions would be…

The Cole Protocol, established by Admiral Preston Cole, clearly indicates that any human ship that comes in contact with the Covenant is to make a jump (through slip-space) to a location that is not in the direction of any human occupied world, namely Earth and the Inner Colonies. Captain Cutter, as evidence from various cut scenes, was not one to whimsically disobey an order. We can conclude from his ideology, then, that he would continue to follow the Cole Protocol and not head for any human occupied world, even though he would be traveling at a fraction of the speed of light. Though the crew of the Spirit of Fire didn’t know where they were, they also knew where the human worlds weren’t: on the galactic rim. Traveling at half of the speed of light for twenty years would put the crew ten light years from the destroyed Forerunner Shield World. This is an important fact we’ll come back to later.

Now we’ll talk about Halo 3. During the course of this FPS (First Person Shooter) game, the main character, the Master Chief, ends up traveling through a Forerunner transportation device (The Portal), perhaps an advanced slip-space device, and ends up on what is known as the Ark, a location where all seven Halo rings could be fired remotely. The Ark is located on the Galactic rim of the Milky Way. Naturally, Master Chief, ever our hero, deactivates the Ark and destroys the Halo ring it is making as a replacement for the one he destroyed in the first game. In the process the Portal is destroyed, and Master Chief and Cortana are stranded in the space surrounding the (apparently) desolate and lifeless Ark. On the Legendary ending of this game it shows the Master Chief’s half of the ship tumbling towards what looks like another Shield World, apparently unaware of what is going on. Now we have two games ending in very similar locations…how very interesting…but there’s more.

During the Battle of Reach, several Spartans are killed, but not all of them. In the fighting that ensues, Dr. Halsey, the mind behind the Spartan-II program, escapes with a few Spartans to the “planet” Onyx. This planet is home to an ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence) base that trains the Spartan-III’s. Dr. Halsey soon discovers in the events of the Battle of Onyx that the “planet” is not really a planet at all, but an entrance to a Forerunner Shield World, which is located at the core of the planet. Amongst all of the fighting, Dr. Halsey is able to escape with Spartan-II’s, Spartan-III’s, and multiple marines relatively safe. To this day their location and condition are unknown. Now we have the making for a great installment of the Halo franchise!

I don’t pretend to hold all of the answers, and I don’t plan on trying to figure out what the game play of Halo 4/Halo Wars 2 might be. I am simply suggesting that it is interesting to note that in the Halo universe the Master Chief is heading towards what could be a Shield World and Dr. Halsey is supposed to be in a Shield World. Couple this with the Master Chief’s present location on the Galactic Rim and the Spirit of Fire’s last known transmission in possibly a similar location, and it looks as though Serena of the Spirit of Fire may have picked up on Cortana’s distress Beacon. I’m sure that skeptics will tear this idea apart, but in my opinion, this information is too coincidental for the people at Bungie/Ensemble to not have been planning something after Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach. It would be the seventh installment of the Halo franchise, and therefore perhaps the last (we all know how fanatical the people at Bungie are with the number seven).

What do you think?

P.S.- I know that the average life span of a “smart” AI such as Cortana and Serena is only seven years (again with the sevens), but that’s if they’re doing something adaptive where they must continue to learn and expand their knowledge. Previous Halo books have stated that if a “smart” AI dedicated their time to something much more monotonous, such as piloting a ship at half of the speed of light just to keep it from hitting stars and other stellar bodies, then their life span could be significantly greater, and therefore perhaps the twenty years required for Serena to still be functioning.

•  09-10-2009, 10:31 PM 722600 in reply to 722380

Re: Halo Wars Sequel?

You're not the first to suggest this. Although congradulations on the evidence.
    "Die?"Kurt laughed."Didn't you know?"he told the Elite. "...Spartans never die."
  •  09-10-2009, 10:40 PM 722617 in reply to 722380

Welcome to the fourms!

Haha.

sp4rt4n:
    I am a fine gentleman, im not going to lie.

iEchoic:
    The last upgrade should allow them to shoot ninjas out of their flamethrowers.

GT-BaNiishED
  •  09-10-2009, 10:57 PM 722636 in reply to 722380

good suggestions and hypothesis, but even if there is a sequel to this, it won't be a future event after halo 3 b/c microsoft won't allow it.  And 2 about a little over a year ago g4 or xplay announced that peter jackson the creater of King Kong the movie and Gearbox have teamed up and are working on a halo 4 title.  No more information was put out other than that. and 3, Robot Entertainment does not have any legal rights to the halo franchise beyond halo 3, which means they can only do as bungie is doing now and make titles that go along with halo wars, halo 1, halo 2, and stuff that goes along or before halo 3.  And last (4) (This is just my opinion)  I don't think Robot Entertainment is cut out for making a halo 4 title or something like it, cus their story wasn't that great in halo wars once u got done with the 5th mission.  Everything went weird, with the flood and the brutes.  They didn't even explain why they were there.  I know that the planet was brutes, but they didn't really emphasize or explain anything.  Plus they don't even really know much about halo, they just read in a book to put up a story line pretty much.
    hahahaaha im better than any of you guys!!!!!!!!
  •  09-10-2009, 11:01 PM 722639 in reply to 722636

no offense ensemble studios or robot entertainment, i'm just speaking my opinion.  I loved the game and still play it.  Well the mulitplayer anyways.  I also still play age of empires, cus that's a great game too with a great storyline.  Thanks for making this game though.

P.S. I know u set a pop limit to prevent lag, but come on, for standard matches or reinforcement matches, i think u should extend the population by 5 or 10 more or atleast have another upgrade that lets u extend it 5 to 10 more.

hahahaaha im better than any of you guys!!!!!!!!
  •  09-11-2009, 11:59 AM 723040 in reply to 722380

Jason X35:

Will Halo Wars 2 be Halo 4?

Before you jump all over this and start to think this idea is crazy, lets look at the facts (by the way, this is quite lengthy):

1.) Halo 3’s Legendary ending has Master Chief drifting off into space towards what may or may not be a Forerunner Shield World, but is certainly of Forerunner design.

2.) Halo Wars ends with Serena waking up Captain Cutter and alerting him to something that “has happened”, which we have no idea about.

3.) The Cole Protocol.

4.) The Battle of Onyx

Okay, where to begin. From the timeline of the Halo universe, we know that the events of Halo Wars took place twenty years before the initial Halo event. During the course of the game, Captain Cutter orders the Spirit of Fire after the Covenant ship towards what we now know to be a Forerunner Shield World. Not much is known about the Forerunner, though it is known that they had a tendency to build their structures in the most remote places, like the Ark on the edge of the Galaxy. Therefore, we can conclude that the Shield World Captain Cutter and the crew of the Spirit of Fire encountered was located in an equally remote location. Evidence of this is that Serena didn’t know quite where they were, indicating that they were beyond the stars visible from Earth. Now lets go to this Shield World. Here the Spirit of Fire encounters the Covenant ship, and shortly after destroys the Forerunner structure with the ship’s only FTL (Faster than Light) drive, stranding the Spirit of Fire and her crew in the unknown regions of space. What we don’t know is where the crew is, but what we do know is what their actions would be…

The Cole Protocol, established by Admiral Preston Cole, clearly indicates that any human ship that comes in contact with the Covenant is to make a jump (through slip-space) to a location that is not in the direction of any human occupied world, namely Earth and the Inner Colonies. Captain Cutter, as evidence from various cut scenes, was not one to whimsically disobey an order. We can conclude from his ideology, then, that he would continue to follow the Cole Protocol and not head for any human occupied world, even though he would be traveling at a fraction of the speed of light. Though the crew of the Spirit of Fire didn’t know where they were, they also knew where the human worlds weren’t: on the galactic rim. Traveling at half of the speed of light for twenty years would put the crew ten light years from the destroyed Forerunner Shield World. This is an important fact we’ll come back to later.

Now we’ll talk about Halo 3. During the course of this FPS (First Person Shooter) game, the main character, the Master Chief, ends up traveling through a Forerunner transportation device (The Portal), perhaps an advanced slip-space device, and ends up on what is known as the Ark, a location where all seven Halo rings could be fired remotely. The Ark is located on the Galactic rim of the Milky Way. Naturally, Master Chief, ever our hero, deactivates the Ark and destroys the Halo ring it is making as a replacement for the one he destroyed in the first game. In the process the Portal is destroyed, and Master Chief and Cortana are stranded in the space surrounding the (apparently) desolate and lifeless Ark. On the Legendary ending of this game it shows the Master Chief’s half of the ship tumbling towards what looks like another Shield World, apparently unaware of what is going on. Now we have two games ending in very similar locations…how very interesting…but there’s more.

During the Battle of Reach, several Spartans are killed, but not all of them. In the fighting that ensues, Dr. Halsey, the mind behind the Spartan-II program, escapes with a few Spartans to the “planet” Onyx. This planet is home to an ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence) base that trains the Spartan-III’s. Dr. Halsey soon discovers in the events of the Battle of Onyx that the “planet” is not really a planet at all, but an entrance to a Forerunner Shield World, which is located at the core of the planet. Amongst all of the fighting, Dr. Halsey is able to escape with Spartan-II’s, Spartan-III’s, and multiple marines relatively safe. To this day their location and condition are unknown. Now we have the making for a great installment of the Halo franchise!

I don’t pretend to hold all of the answers, and I don’t plan on trying to figure out what the game play of Halo 4/Halo Wars 2 might be. I am simply suggesting that it is interesting to note that in the Halo universe the Master Chief is heading towards what could be a Shield World and Dr. Halsey is supposed to be in a Shield World. Couple this with the Master Chief’s present location on the Galactic Rim and the Spirit of Fire’s last known transmission in possibly a similar location, and it looks as though Serena of the Spirit of Fire may have picked up on Cortana’s distress Beacon. I’m sure that skeptics will tear this idea apart, but in my opinion, this information is too coincidental for the people at Bungie/Ensemble to not have been planning something after Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach. It would be the seventh installment of the Halo franchise, and therefore perhaps the last (we all know how fanatical the people at Bungie are with the number seven).

What do you think?

P.S.- I know that the average life span of a “smart” AI such as Cortana and Serena is only seven years (again with the sevens), but that’s if they’re doing something adaptive where they must continue to learn and expand their knowledge. Previous Halo books have stated that if a “smart” AI dedicated their time to something much more monotonous, such as piloting a ship at half of the speed of light just to keep it from hitting stars and other stellar bodies, then their life span could be significantly greater, and therefore perhaps the twenty years required for Serena to still be functioning.

wow that be cool 7 games = bungie fav number 7

my account (my brother made the name)
    Tanmanksu1000

My brothers acount i use
    Topgun1017
    27TS 1v1
    33TS 2v2 random
    15TS 3v3random
    ever seen me ingame send me a msg tell me how i did or how the match went! ;)
  •  09-14-2009, 9:11 AM 726324 in reply to 722617

nice evidence idk wat the hell ur saying. BUT  it seems logical....

"Captain wake up something has happeneded" Could this lead to a sequel?

A energy sword is pretty muich a light saber but more halo wise.
  •  09-14-2009, 9:13 AM 726326 in reply to 726324

wouldnt the spirit of fire be kind of dead? The cryo sleep must run out of energy somehow and with them running out of food they would starve 2 death. They couldnt have enough food for 20+ years on a ship. Wouldnt Cutter be dead hes like 70?!?!?!

"Captain wake up something has happeneded" Could this lead to a sequel?

A energy sword is pretty muich a light saber but more halo wise.
View as RSS news feed in XML